Friday, December 2, 2016

Resurrection!!!


A few week's ago I was asked by a mate if I wanted to return as a player to Arc40K 2017. For those who do not know about Arc, it is the largest 40K event in the southern hemisphere and it is the longest running 40K event in Australia. This is will be its 20th anniversary. 

As a former champion and as the first person to ever win it twice, I thought it would be a great opportunity to have some fun. For those who have not been following my hobby progress over recent years, I have been a prolific player of, podcaster about and writer about, Bolt Action, over at WWPD. Though I love what Bolt Action 2.0 brings to the table... I have gotten really tired of the negativity of some vocal members of the community, both locally and abroad to the point where I need a break. Whereas, in the past, I probably would have shrugged this off, I am fairly exhausted. I have spent the last two years working on a Master's while working full time. 

I finished my Master's a few weeks back and I have found myself with a sudden flood of free time and the need to do something fun and creative. Building a 40K army from scratch and relearning to play 40K (I have not touched the game in two editions) sounds exactly like what I need. Hopefully I do not hate what the game has become!

Arc has a series of particular comp rules and restrictions to balance armies. These guidelines were what really tipped me over the edge.
  • CAD armies are encouraged heavily by the comp pack
  • No Gargantuan Creatures.
  • No Superheavies.
  • No Forgeworld Rules.
  • No armies comprised totally of Imperial Knights.
  • No Formations that give FREE additional models to your army list, ie Gladius Strike Force, comprised of 2 demi-
  • companies.
  • If you have a Pskyer in your army list, you must nominate which Psychic discipline you will be using across the weekend. 
  • Comp will be judged by a series of independent comp judges, meaning gamey lists will be punished. I know this is controversial but I am looking forward to playing some fluffy, fun armies.
As this blog was always about my GW hobby, I thought I would bring it back from the dead to post my progress as I build my army and prepare for the event. I have until March 18th to get ready. 

The timer is ticking time to get my act together! 

Ready. Set. Go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to living vicariously through your exploits. Any thoughts on what army/faction yet?

    ReplyDelete