Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Orktoberfest DOC List



Well we are less that two weeks away from Orktoberfest. A large 40k/ Fantasy tournament in Brisbane Australia. I will be heading up from Melbourne to play this year for the first time and I am very excited.

It is a no comp tournament (I think because it is the new edition) and as such my poor tomb kings were just not going to cut the mustard. Expecting the worst I brought the best I have. Daemons of Chaos. I took my very successful 1250 list and beefed it up a bit for this event.

First of all I grew the horrors into a solid block of 19 with command and switched the Blue Scribes for a level two herald with lore of life. I have yet to try this combo but life gives a nice balance of buffs and offense that I think will really compliment my unit choices.

I added two more flamers making the unit 6. These guys are really hit or miss for me. I hope that by adding two they really do their job.

Last of all I added the big point sink himself. A Blood Thirster with rage and armour. I would have loved to give him more but with a 2000 point limit... That is all I could get under the percentages... Anyway... Here is my list... Yes it is harsh but I am bringing a gun to a gun fight...


Lords
Baal Hemiamortis
Blood Thirster of Khorne, Immortal Fury, Armour of Khorne

Heroes
T'Chang The Mysterious
Herald of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery (Lore of life)

Barbarik… The Bezerker
Khorne Herald

Ballick The Bloody
Khorne Herald, Armour of Khorne, Bsb

Core:
The Bloody Skulls
19 Bloodletters, Full Command, Icon of Endless War

Brozen Death
19 Bloodletters, Full Command

Secrets That Kill
19 Horrors of Tzeentch, Champ and Icon Bearer, Icon of Sorcery

Rare
The Firestarters
6 Flamers of Tzeentch

Thing Number 1
Fiend

Thing Number 1
Fiend


Total: 1998

Lords: 490 Points (24.5%) Heroes: 380 Points (19%)
Core: 808 Points (40%) Rare: 320 Points (16%)

No comments:

Post a Comment