Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Chaos Dwarf Action

So I sold my Blood Angels...
1) I didn't paint them
2) I have played exactly three turns of 6th ed.  I like it but meh... I just don't care at the moment...
3) It took up a stupid amount of space in my closet I desperately needed for other things...  Like Clothes... Etc...

I have also been chatting with an old mate who was looking for some painting work.  His stuff is ace... I have some cash from the sale and a burning desire to have my Chaos Dwarves done...

Soooo I finished building the dwarves for the list I have written...

The basic warriors are made from bull centaur upper halves combined with the old one piece CD legs...  This makes for a much more dynamic warrior model that is taller to boot.  I really like the end result... Here are some samples of what I mean:
As you can see I have added a few metal command models to round out the unit.



Next up are the war machine crew.  I made these using the "new" Avatars of War Dwarf Slayers with plastic chaos warrior heads, green stuff beards and other bitz and bobs...  I have three war machines in my list and sooo... nine crew...




 Last up the characters...  I used the Forge World Character pack for this with a few small modifications.  The models are on raised bases so they stand out from their stunty buddies.  I shouldn't have worried they are big and don't blend in at all.  I still like the look though.

I gave my BSB a book as a banner as a small nod to the tourney I run down here in Melbourne once a year, Book Of Grudges...

 These boys head out tomorrow for Europe.  I cannot wait for their return...

No comments:

Post a Comment