Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Assembled Orcs and Gobbos

Well I am back with more pictures of my orc and goblin "chaos dwarf liberation army"

I will start with the pictures of the promised 50 orc horde. The cloaked orcs are made out of two stacked small 6 sided dice that come standard in GW games. You could say I have a LOT of them. Still do...




As you can see in the photo below, the front rank have thrown their cloaks back to expose what is underneath. I went with kilts and armoured tops without shoulder pads. Also as the orcs have scrounged their weapons most of the orcs are using knives and small swords that look like they have been made out of whatever is nearby.



From above.... (it is a unit with a HUGE footprint!) A reader has suggested that I make a more dynamic 2nd rank. I really like this idea and will be puttying up a test model to see how I can make it work.



Now I am using the old earth shaker cannon as a rock lobber. I have two. Right now they do not look very mobile. Thinking of putting the chassis on skis and having "pull chains" attached to the front. yes the painting is really average. I didn't do it and will be repainting both to match shortly. I just need to figure out what to do with them in the meantime.



My general and bsb... I mixed the general's bitz up a little but the BSB is fairly stock standard. What can I say I really liked the models. By putting a smaller head on the general I was hoping to subtilely make the model look more muscular. I think this is exactly how he turned out.




And finally my work in progress orc shaman. (read as a captured chaos dwarf sorcerer slave) He has the had and his beard and hair have been trimmed. Time for a new beard and curly hair CD style. Coming soon.



Here is a parting shot of what the orcs looked like when they started.

No comments:

Post a Comment