Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!!! (with another ridiculous project)

So as always it starts with a tournament. Empire in Flames is coming up in a few short months and it is being run by my good buddy Chris Cousins (who helped me paint my wyches)... Empire in Flames is a 2400 point WFB tourney with no rules changes which I am pretty excited about. It also allows Special Characters which I was initially nervous about BUT pondering things I came across another one of my hair brained completely sculpted army ideas...

I am using Throgg (The Troll King from Warriors of Chaos) to do a troll army. I was initially inspired by the Yeti tribe at the beginning of the Wulfric novel but after my orcs I am super tired of sculpting fur. I wanted to do something different...

Sooooo....

I was inspired on a few sources to come up with a steam punk/ magic robot army using the troll army rules... Think the golden army from Hellboy 2.


Throw in some old comic love... The Nanny from X-Factor (back in the day)


And some love from the Incredibles Robot:


Throw all that together using cut plasticard tubes, green stuff, Styrofoam egg shapes, and push pins...


To make something that will look like this:


As you can see I have not really figured out the arms yet.... They will probably look a bit like the legs... The cross on the front is a track that the eye lens travels on (ala the Zack Mobile Suit from Gundam)...

Time to cut back to cutting plastic tubes...

I would love your input...

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I had thought of doing mechanical ogres/trolls before, but for a Gobbo army, not Chaos.

    What's the background going to be? That would inform a lot of the modeling choices I would think. Chaos Dwarf constructs? Empire Engineers and Metal Wizards gone wild? Skaven Warpstone-fueled mechanabbominations?

    Some kind of tube and tank for "vomit" (vented steam?) attacks perhaps? (Chaos trolls still get vomit, right?)

    Arms don't need to be fancy for a warbot - flailing weapons/balls on chains should suffice.

    If you can build some in various stages of self-repair to represent the regenerate that would be cool.

    Good luck, look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaos Dwarves for the win... Going with a metallic/ organic thing... Forge vs Magic... They will have warts and blisters all over them. Adding a hose arm for the vomit attacks... I like the self repair idea.. Gonna have to work that in...

    ReplyDelete