Thursday, February 9, 2012

Return of the Chaos Dwarves... Or.. Brad brings the stumpy back...

It is no surprise to many of you that I am in love with the Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarf list and stuff... As I generally love FW and I love Chaos Dwarves.  My big gripe with the range is the general lack of big hats.  I know, I know... I am one of those people.  I love the hat!

So I picked up the Turmakhan book over Christmas and I have to say that it is well worth the double army book price that is demands.  It is beautifully bound with great art and I really like the narrative structure of the story.  Then I read the chaos dwarf list.  My initial reaction was meh.... too expensive (then again my expectations were honestly a tad high) for what things did.  BUT after rereading it with some gamey friends (read as Dave and Mark) I changed my tune.

I think it is time for the return of the HAT!  More so now that the Warhammer Forge has released three beautiful character models for 18 pounds!  WOW!!!  That is cheap compared to GW regular prices... AND THEY ARE WEARING HATS!!!





All this evil stumpy talk has got me going...  New army list in the works and new completely converted warriors in the wings...  Stay tuned gang.  The hobby train is back on the tracks.

P.S. While it is kinda ugly and shamefully expensive... The new Orc idol by Warhammer Forge might back a good basis for a K'daai Destroyer...  Think giant stone/metal/fire daemon...  

Though I might have to make my own...

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, I'm loving the new list. I was using the IndyGT list, and while I'm sad about losing the sneaky gits, the new list looks great fun. I'm more an old school spiky stunty man meself though, but I do like the bottom two dwarves here, especially the lad with the head in his hand. I'm still trying to put off buying 2 magma cannons...

    ReplyDelete