Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Plague Marine Test Model


Soooo I have not been posting much of anything recently as I lost my job and have recently separated from my wife (The hits keep coming!) BUT I just found a teaching position for the new year and I thought I would get back into the swing of things.  I thought as I was back to actually painting things that I would post what I have been up to and see what you guys think...

I have been playing with colour schemes for plague marines for a little while and this is the rough colour scheme that I have decided on... (only the leg is important as I tried three colour schemes on one model.


The idea is to start with gretchin green, wash with devlin mud, go back to gretchin and highlight up another three to four levels.

I was inspired by my mate Adam's streak painting of his plague marines but wanted to go with my own flavour so to speak. Here it is from several angles.



What do you guys think?  Opinions?  I don't like the knee pads and I think the gloves need another layer of highlight.

And obviously the base needs doing.

3 comments:

  1. That looks really great. I really like how cleanly the model is painted. Death Guard/nurgle are often painted so sloppily that it makes it hard to see all of the great detail on the model. This guy is perfect!

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, I agree with Drathmere above. DG usually look too "busy".

    Good to see you painting, I always paint the most when trying to sort through personal stuff in my head. It helps me to think better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are good. With a nice contrasting base it will be the bomb.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete