Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Mustache I have fallen into.

Sorry I have fallen off the face of the earth recently guys (and gals). It is the time of year that all good teachers dread. Report writing time! I will come back up for air and hobby shortly but in the meantime let me share something that is on my face. My mustache! Huh? I know it sounds vain and weird to talk about one's facial hair but it is all for a good cause.


I am taking part in a fund raiser called Movember which is big down here in Australia and takes place in the month of November. During that month men shave their existing facial hair and grow the funkiest/ dirtiest mustaches imaginable to raise money to fight prostate cancer and depression in men of all ages. I am doing Movember this year with my coworkers at school although it is a charity that I contribute to and an event I regularly participate in. My father fought prostate cancer a few years ago and so it is easy to see why I care.

If you have a few minutes please check out my "Mo" space and see how the Mo is growing.

http://au.movember.com/mospace/716768/

Not to leave you in a total hobby lurch... Here is a picture of the large marine that used to live in Baltimore and his brother who lives outside of GW HQ in Nottingham...


2 comments:

  1. Seeing that marine and the 40 foot eagle in the UK for the first time was one of the coolest things ever. That was for my first sales conference there, shortly after I spent my vacation working with 'Eavy Metal on my Tyranids which I was lucky enough to get on the inside cover of the Codex so many moons ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeebus I look young in that photo!

    ReplyDelete